Breaking News

Four Lecturers Arrested For Exam Malpractice In Lagos

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested four lecturers of the Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja for their alleged involvement in examination malpractice in the institution.
Our correspondent learnt that the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba, arrested the lecturers last Thursday and detained them for about three days before releasing them on bail.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Joe Offor, a deputy superintendent, who confirmed the arrest, noted that the police only released the lecturers on bail, as investigation into the matter was still ongoing.
Offor also did not disclose the names of the suspects.
He added that the registrar of the institution had brought the matter to the attention of the police.
He said, “The registrar of the school reported the case against them. The allegations preferred against them bordered on forgery, theft and manipulation of examination results.
Our men at SDCI arrested and detained them at Yaba. Based on issues arising from our findings, the police decided to release them on bail. Meanwhile, we are still investigating the matter.”
A reliable police source told our correspondent that the lecturers were accused of falsifying the results of a student of the institution who had relocated overseas.
The source added that the action of the lecturers elicited a protest from other students.
The source said, “A student of the institution, who travelled out of the country and was unavailable for exams, was said to have made a distinction in the school, while other students had average grades. This led to a protest among the students, and it got to the ears of the management.
“The management then reported the matter to the police, and the concerned lecturers were arrested.”
When our correspondent visited the polytechnic on Monday, the security official at the reception said the rector was unavailable for comment.
The official added that the school authorities would get across to our correspondent on the matter through a phone call.
He said, “The rector is in a management meeting. He is the only one who can talk to you on the matter. You can drop your contact. He will get back to you after the meeting.”
Meanwhile, as of the time of filing in this report, by 6pm on Monday, the rector had not called our correspondent.
One of the students, who identified himself simply as Femi, noted that the arrest of the lecturers’ was the issue at stake in the institution for some days now.
Source: PunchNg

No comments:

We Love Comments, Please Comment Below

Theme images by moorsky. Powered by Blogger.